Northern Alberta Sailing College
8511-139 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5R-0G6
The Northern Alberta Sailing College operates on Lake Wabamun from the Edmonton Yacht Club and Wabamun Sailing Club. Courses following the CANSail curriculum are offered by our certified instructors. When registering, please select your course from the program list below, carefully noting the location of instruction and the time of day.
To get a jump on your lessons, try and pick up a copy of 'Go Sail’ by Steve Sleight published in 2006. It is a book with a DVD that is very helpful. It is available on Amazon used and new for about $20.
What do you need to bring?
- Canadian Government Approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) & Whistle
- Water sport helmet (optional - recommended for beginners)
- Wetsuit (optional but preferable)
- Water shoes (should be soft-soled)
- Bathing suit and clothing that can get wet
- Change of clothes each day and some kids should bring 2 changes; Towel
- Sunscreen, cap or hat
- Windbreaker or rain jacket
- Sweater or warm layer
- Eyeglass retainer strap
See you on the water!